Disney In the Summer - Top 10 Tips
Updated: May 3
Sometimes the thought of visiting central Florida in the summer can be daunting. The humidity, the storms, the heat index, the crowds. We are here to tell you that once you step foot into the wonderful world of Disney and get into your “Disney Bubble”, it truly is magical regardless of the season.
Time to Travel is a Gold Earmarked, Authorized Disney Vacation Planner, and we have travel advisors in the parks almost monthly. We truly are the experts, so don’t book your vacation without us! We would like to share our tips and advice for making the most of your summer Disney vacation. We will guide you through how to beat the heat (and the crowds.) We have compiled a list of ten tips that we think you will find beneficial.
Top 10 Tips for Visiting Disney World in the Summer
1. Book with Time to Travel. Whether its three days or ten days, tickets only, or a complete package, let us book your vacation. There is no booking fee, and remember, we are the experts! This service is included in your Disney pricing, so why not use the service you are paying for.
2. Stay ON Disney property. Traveling between the resorts and parks are a breeze and will take down your travel time compared to an off-site property. When you stay on site, you will have access to air-conditioned transportation that drops you off at the front of the parks. Traveling by Disney bus, boat and sky liner is only for resort guests. You will also have access to early park entry (and after hours if you are a deluxe resort guest.) Plus, all the resort pools are fabulous. A Disney resort completes your vacation experience.
3. Utilize Early Park Admission. Staying on site allows you to get into the park earlier than non-Disney Resort guest. 7:30 and 8:00 am is much cooler and more enjoyable than the heat mid-day. Its also a great way to ride a couple of rides without the heavy crowds.
4. Choose a Disney resort with an amazing pool and TAKE TIME to visit the pool during the hottest hours. Time to Travel has some favorite pools: Art of Animation, Caribbean Beach, and Yacht/Beach Club. Regardless of the resort category you choose, we can guide you to find the perfect fit for your family.
5. Remember to drink the FREE ice water in the parks. Did you know the water is free? All of it…all day long! Please stay hydrated. Take a water bottle with you and keep it full. Just ask a cast member for the closet drink stand with water.
6. Visit a Water Park! Adding the water park package is the same price as purchasing a one-day water park admission ticket. When you add the water park option to your package, you will be able to visit the water parks several times. Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon are both great water parks for families. Ask us how you can maximize your visits.
7. Take time to rest! Slow down and eat a mickey bar or your favorite frozen Disney treat! It is tempting to go from sun-up to sundown but doing Disney at a slower pace is still just as magical and probably more enjoyable for everyone. Find an air-conditioned spot or shade in the parks. Also, refer to tip #4. Its ok to leave the parks and take a dip in the pool.
8. Take in a show or an indoor ride. Each park has several indoor rides and shows. Save the indoor attractions for those afternoon showers and hot temps.
9. Pack the essentials. Cooling towels, ponchos, cool clothing and fans are key! These items will easily fit into your backpack and can be taken into the parks.
10. Plan a sit-down lunch. A long lunch in the air conditioning is a great break from heat. You will recharge and be ready to hit the parks again. Ask us how to reserve your dining. We also have some great suggestions.